How to Write a Brilliant assignment? Advice for Students
In the world of academia, students are often given lengthy and arduous assignments to finish within tight deadlines. One of the things that really frustrates and stresses the students is spending their valuable time in searching for relevant quotations and references, understanding the proper assignment format style, and writing structure to be able to write a stellar assignment. This often becomes so upsetting that students end up with absolutely nothing to share at the time of the submission.
An outstanding assignment in academic writing is just the same as an essay in which it is very important to examine your prose, proper writing style, text articulation, critical thinking, writing skills, and correct citation of your sources. If you find it difficult to finish your essays on time, you can find a suitable assignment writing service online.
This article will share the prerequisites and tips required to write an excellent assignment. First and foremost, a writer must possess a writing plan.
The Writing Plan
The most important prelude to writing a remarkable assignment is having a flawless writing plan. This includes; your paper format, the writing style, credible sources of information, a strong thesis and a robust outline. Shared below are some tips to incorporate while formulating your writing plan.
- What is your style of writing? If you have an informal writing style, turn to any writing guide and try to write formally because that is according to academic standards.
- The academic world demands one main aspect of writing from their students, that is to be systematic in their writing style. Ensure to structure the write-up appropriately.
- Ding material that is very authentic, sufficient and incorporate proper citation of the sources. Make sure to avoid plagiarism at all costs as it is considered a sin in the academic world.
- Find a profound thesis point that can be elaborated, as you will have to write about it in your conclusions too.
- Form a detailed and concise outline that includes every argument you will discuss in your essay.
What to Include and how to write an excellent outline for assignments?
In simple terms, outlines elaborate the structure of the assignment to readers, so it’s simple and easy for your examiner to know what will be included in the assignment. Not just that, it will allow following a basic structure and layout.
An outline should include:
- The introductory headline under sub-headings section should comprise of ideas and the main thesis.
- Headlines of every body-paragraph and sub-headings of arguments. All the supporting research work should be included in the body paragraphs.
- A header for the conclusion or use phrases such as; ‘In summary’ or ‘To conclude’.
- Citation of the sources where your research was extracted from.
Basic assignment writing template structure
Many assignments have different structures. However, we have acquired a basic template that works in almost every assignment.
- A good introduction is quite significant. If written purposefully, it succeeds in engaging the reader with the thoughts you would like to convey. The introduction must be concise and coherent. Introductory parts of any assignment carry vital importance in shaping assignments. Therefore, it must have a robust thesis that will engage the reader as soon as the read it.
- Arguments in the introductory part must be concise and suggest a broader view of the topic and provide in-depth analysis that can be done in the main body paragraphs.
- The introductory part should be short, concise, and contain a broader view of the thesis or expand on the given topic.
- A basic assignment involves 4 to 6 body paragraphs and usually depends upon the number of ideas a student has to share.
- Each paragraph must only revolve around one idea, and not anymore as it breaks the coherent flow.
- Do not forget to follow the initial outline, follow each and everything decided to include in your essay initially.
- The arguments incorporated must be proven and supported by authentic facts and figures. Do not write out of the box arguments which does not correlate with the topic.
- The most basic structure of your assignment should revolve around is:
- Critical Analysis
- Source’s citation
- Personal opinion
- The final body paragraphs must contain some counter-arguments and personal opinion.
- In your conclusion, you must briefly explain all the arguments mentioned in the body paragraphs, and a restatement of the thesis.
Conclusions carry vital importance, therefore, you must pay attention to them and end them at an optimistic approach or solution, as this is the paragraph which leaves the final impression of your assignment to the reader.
A few tips to remember while wrapping up your assignment include:
- Restate your thesis point and put briefly the research and arguments which were explained in your body paragraphs.
- New arguments or points must not be stated as they would start a new perspective. Just end things.
Tips from expert writers
- Proper analysis of the specified topics. You have to choose a topic containing interesting thesis and arguments.
- Always follow the presented outline at the beginning. This way assignments will enjoy a great flow. Form body paragraphs in a way which create sheer coherence and logic.
- The arguments made in the assignments should be supported with authentic facts and figures in real-time, and if appropriate, include a link that highlights own experience.
- Diagrams and flowcharts are important and will make your work look trustworthy, credible and smooth.
- Follow the format rules of any renowned professor.
- Always proof-read your paper at least twice. The first time you proof-read, you become limited to the blunders you have made with either writing or structure, the second time you proof-read your writing, you are likely to find in-depth mistakes, such as grammar errors, punctuation errors and lack of consistency.
- Give your essay a suitable title and a sound conclusion.
All those who struggle to work on the daunting assignments, we hope this guide helps them ace their course and get ahead of their peers.