Fundamental Rubrics That Can Make Your Written Work More Illustrious And Polished?
Writing is both an art form and can be performed through a methodical process which makes it interesting to experiment with since it offers you a lot of flexibility as to what you write about and how you deliver your ideas on to the realm of black and white. There are a lot of smart maneuvers that you can apply to make your work have thought-provoking twists and turns just to make your audience even more delighted. Unfortunately, not all of us are great at writing and it does take a considerable effort over time to become a master of this essential skill. For students writing should come to them as their second nature as it will help them to communicate on various fronts in their professional career and in other facets of their lives as well. However, there are certain aspects of writing of which can make your work look great no matter what you write and these might be considered as the basis or the groundwork which lays the foundation of a spectacular piece of composition. In this post, we would like to share with you some of these rules and regulations that you should make a habit out of the next time you write and need to deliver your work at the academia. They will accentuate your paper’s quality and in time you will observe the rewards swooping in.
Orchestrated & Scored With a Purpose
There is no doubt that when you write it will come under the direct viewership of your targeted audience. Hence your work has to be delivered with a built-in propose of being presented in an adequate manner that is acceptable to them and conforms to the ethos shared commonly amongst them. Here are something’s which you should consider:
- Before Initiating The Actual Writing Process:
- Get familiarized with the topic as to what is required and how you are going to attempt it.
- Brainstorm for ideas, choose only the most relevant ones to include, and discard all divergences from your plan.
- Create a systematic order for your paper, arranged your ideas in a sequence so that you understand what comes first and what follows after that so that there is a predefined order from starting till the ending of your work.
- Consider writing the conclusions first, but this isn’t an obligation, it does, however, help you to know the ending beforehand since it supports you to build your paper towards your desired goal.
- Conduct your research work and find all necessary evidence and scientific facts or other information that can help you ascertain the integrity of your claims and arguments which you will include within your paper.
- Remember that all of this happens on a separate instrument and we have not even started with your initial draft yet, this planning will set the framework of your work. Writing is like working as an architect, you must have the blueprint ready before you can actually start building.
- Create an outline for your paper that is cleverly segmented into three major sections, namely an introduction, the main body of discussion, and finally the conclusion.
- The outline serves as a road map and keeps you from going overboard during your writing phase which comes next.
- Commencing With the Initial Draft:
- First up is your introduction make sure that they are written in a crisp and concise manner. You need to be precise and not be overemphasizing. Avoid being too much verbose during this section and stick to the main points only. Tell your readers what your work will discuss, introduce your concepts and then leave them at that since you will discuss them in greater detail under the main body of discussion of your paper. Your introductions must not exceed the 15% of your entire work’s total word count limit.
- Second to fall in line is your main body of discussion, this is your main playground where you have the freedom to deliver explanations, descriptions, and further insights into your work. Make sure that you mention each theme, concept, and idea related to your written task well. Don’t leave your audiences with poor understandings regarding your paper. The main body of discussion should be at least 65% of your entire work’s total word count limit.
- Lastly, it is your conclusions which you need to deliver. This is where you bring out your final verdicts, judgments, opinions, rulings, and results. The conclusion should also be written in a concise manner and be precise about its outcome. Vagueness and open-ended conclusions show poor comprehension of the writer and their inability to understand the nature of work themselves. Your conclusion should never exceed the 20% of your entire work’s total word count limit.
- Some Readability Pointers To Consider:
- Write using active voice more often as it is much easier for your audience to grasp what you are writing about.
- Utilize simple sentence structures for the majority of your work instead of complex or complicated ones.
- Make an effort to write shorter sentences that are no longer than 20 words each.
- Try to make your paragraphs shorter so that none of them are more than 250 words each.
- Use simple to understand vocabulary, avoid using difficult to understand terminologies, and remove all unnecessary jargons and cliché from your paper.
- Connect your sentences, ideas, and paragraphs using transition and adjoining words.
- Make sure that each one of your paragraphs is focused on a singular main idea or a key point. This is conveyed through the topic sentence your paragraph and the rest of your paragraph should be composed of supporting sentences that further explain the topic sentence.
- In case of emergencies, you can also request qualified professionals to write my assignment for me UK, and they will help you finish the task on time.
- Proofreading & Editing:
- Once your initial draft is complete, it’s time to proofread and edit your work.
- You must check for any grammatical errors or spelling blunders that your work might have.
- Correct all improper sentence structure and fill out missing punctuation marks.
- At this time you should also probably check your paper for unintentional plagiarism which might have crept in without you knowing. A renowned software that is well known for its prowess should be used to make things absolutely sure.
Presenting Your Work In An Adequate Manner
Finally, we come close to your actual submission of your work, and this is where you need to add in a bit of cosmetics to improve the presentation of your written document. To highlight the look of your work here is what you should do:
- Create a cover/title page with your name, the name of your institute, your topic, and the date of submission.
- Add in page numbers as well as headers and footers on each page of your document.
- Make sure that your font size and style remains consistent throughout your paper and it is readable.
- The line spacing between your sentences, paragraphs, and headings should also be regularized and be unfailing.
- Following this pattern of coherency, you should also make sure that your paragraph indentations and overall text alignment also stays the same throughout the document.
- The same goes for footnotes format and you must use an approved referencing system as per your institute’s recommendations only.
- Insert an updated and accurate table of contents before the text of your actual work.
- You should also include a mandatory bibliography section at the end of your work which should enlist all of the references and citations that you have used within your paper.
After having completed this tiresome but significant task you are all set to deliver your work at the academia. If all goes as per plan then surely you would be able to receive much better grades and results then you did before.