In order to grade the quality of something, we use various aspects and features regarding their composition, presentation, and viability. The functionality and the mechanism behind its creation are also significant when it comes to assessing how good a particular object or thing is. While there are still many other variables to consider in our order to form a resolute judgment, there is no doubt that each one of us has various preferences of our own that differ from one person to another. Nonetheless, there are some common grounds which we all can agree on, and hence that becomes a common yardstick to measure something’s value and worth. Similarly when it comes to written work and in that case also centering our approach towards academic writing for that matter, then there are particular rules of the thumb that can assist you in analysis how much dignified it is. In this post, we would, however, like to mention those facets and sorts of things that can actually lower the quality of your work and you should always avoid them at any cost. So without any further a due let’s discuss what they are and how you should rectify them:
First and foremost as a student of higher education, you should consider it as your responsibility and obligation to always submit your written task on time. Late submissions, missing out on your due dates and deadlines is not at all advisable. Many teachers and professors often don’t think for another second to reward students with negative marks who do not submit their work on time. So make a plan and follow a resilient schedule in order to make sure that your work is submitted to the academia on time always.
Copy pasting and other forms of plagiarism are simply not acceptable by any higher education institutions across the globe. Hence you must make an effort to deliver only 100% original and unique work. Professors and students are looking for your interpretations, thoughts on the subject, and how you evaluate the given scenario. They are least concerned with work that has been reproduced or copied from some other source. Hence always deliver your written work in your own individual voice, otherwise, the consequences can be quite severe in some cases where plagiarism is considered a crime and thus punishable by law.
Every written task allocated to students comes with its own set of requirements and instructions. You should use them as guidelines and create or fashion a paper that conforms to the given set of rules and regulations which your educational institution requests you to, otherwise again the repercussion of non-compliance will show poorly on your grades and the results you receive will not be in accordance with your expectations. These requirements might be shared with you by your course instructor and if they haven’t then you need to ask them specifically for that. Don’t be shy, simply ask them to inform you if you don’t know about them.
Your academic written work needs to be presented in an organized and systematic manner. Hence there has to be a sequence in your writing and it should display an arrangement of ideas. Haphazard, disorganized, and disoriented writing will never leave a good impression on your readers and evaluators of written work. What you need to do is to create an outline that serves as the framework for your entire paper. This should be considered as the blueprint or the roadmap that you need to follow so that your written work is more focused and delivers a sound starting point which then leads to a concrete finish at the end. If you are a student who is in need of consultancy regarding their written task then there are reliable and dependable services available that can help you sort out this problem. Simply request qualified and experienced writers to write my assignment online, and they will provide you with a high quality of work on time at affordable and feasible charges. Nevertheless, you can also devote time to writing yourself and in a quick period of time with consistent effort, you can also improve on your own writing skills.
Many students often complain that even after putting in hours of hard work and effort into their written work all of their devotion and dedication didn’t reward them with the desired grades in the end. This is due to the fact that even after writing a paper that is cordially completed by you, it still requires to be written in such a way that it is reader-friendly. Written work, especially academic related written work, can tend to be quite prolonged, lengthy, and requires to be written in an affluent manner. However, this can be quite intimidating for the readers and evaluators of your work to go through your entire paper. Hence you need to make sure that your paper is less intimidating and more reader-friendly. Here is what you can do:
- Deliver the majority of your written work using active voice rather than passive voice as it is much more direct in its meaning and allows easy comprehension regarding what you write in your paper.
- Instead of using difficult terminologies within your paper, use easy to understand vocabulary. Remove all mentions of jargons and clichés within your document as well.
- Write your sentences using simple structures rather than complicate or complex ones.
- Write shorter sentence so that none of them are more than 20 words each.
- Write smaller paragraphs so that none of them are more than 250 words each.
- Use transition and adjoining words to connect your ideas, paragraphs, and sentences.
You should know that academic writing is as formal as it can get. Hence you should consider it mandatory to deliver your work with a suitable presentation. Here are some suggestions for you:
- Never submit your paper without a cover/title page. It is absolutely important that you create the cover/title page up front and it should mention the name of your institution, the topic or subject of your work, the submission date, and the author’s name.
- You must include page numbers as well as header and footers. They should be placed at appropriate positions on each of your document’s pages.
- Insert a table of contents that is up to date and is accurate. There should be no overlapping, and every heading or sub-heading should be correctly listed with its precise page number.
- Make sure that your paper follows consistency. Line spacing, paragraph indentations, and overall text alignment should remain homogenous throughout your document. They should follow a resilient system and there should be no discrepancies within their application.
- You should choose a readable and suitable font size and style for the entirety of your paper. Do not use multiple font styles in your academic paper.
- Only an approved referencing system and footnotes format should be used throughout your paper.
- At the end of your paper create a separate bibliography section that enlists all of your citations and references used within the document.
- If you are using non-written elements or visual structures in your writing then make sure that they are properly captioned and appropriate mention of them is included in the appendix.
Unedited & Unrevised Work
This goes without saying that any written masterpiece simply does not emerge out of thin air. It takes several proofreads and editing to revise and refine a written piece until it is flawless and perfect for the audiences’ viewership. Hence if you are thinking that your first or final draft is good to go, then think again. Proofreading and editing helps you to resolve many problems within your paper that seemingly have escaped your radar. Hence we strongly recommend that you proofread and edit your work at least thrice so that it makes your papers impeccable. Grammatical mistakes, spelling blunders, improper sentence structures, and missing punctuation marks are not at all pleasing. Hence take great care to remove them from your documents.
Lack of Research & False Representation of Information
Lastly, you should also create a paper that is imbued with extensive research and investigative studies that you have conducted on your own. This shows how well you can assimilate relatable knowledge that is relevant to the topic and how you integrate it within your paper, which results in a scholarly level of work. However, a great precaution must be taken by you to make sure that all scientific evidence and factual information that you include within your papers is actually true. Hence you need to make sure that whatever data you include within your documents is accurate in its description and comes from a reliable and credible source that is known for its reputation, integrity, and trustworthiness.
Written work for the academia is never easy to produce and there are still a lot of factors for you to consider to make your papers exquisite in every detail. Nevertheless, we are pretty sure that by avoiding the aforementioned pitfalls you will be able to deliver immaculate written work that will empower you to secure better grades and results in the future.